The end of November is around the corner and it’s already about time to sum up the outcome of this year. It’s been… well. It’s been a year indeed! There are pretty much two kind of years in my life calendar, both monotonic:
- those which start great and end up being horseshit. (e.g. 2010, 2015, 2017)
- those which start kinda bad and turn out to be good, if not great! (e.g. 2009, 2011, 2014, and, uhm, 2018?)
That’s right, everyone! My 2018 rocked! Kinda! No, wait! No “kinda” allowed in this server!!! 2018 is rocking!! Now, I’m sorry if your 2018 is horseshit at this point, but let me be happy about mine. Here’s what happened.
- At the beginning of 2018 I was alive. Not good.
- I failed my previous (end of 2017) semester so I passed only one exam.
- I put online this joke of a website.
- I attended Microcon. This was on February, but it was good anyway. A singularity.
- I worked my ass to pass the exams on second semester and I passed almost all of them.
- I dyed my hair. For the first time, ever. People had very mixed reactions about it.
- I came back home for summer holidays a bit earlier (now you can start feeling the increasing of the function).
- I MADE TONS OF FRIENDS???. LIKE, TONS.
- I made a new music set with Nanoloop2 and the Volca Sample.
- I played this music set at CSA Officina Trenino and it was great.
- I got invited by arottenbit and Kenobit to play at Milano Chiptune Underground #008. This was crazy great. Words can’t describe how being there to actively play at a MCU event made me feel.
- I got my car license.
- I got back on my feet to study the exams I was supposed to pass during first year and now I’m getting a solid grasp of the subjects.
- By the end of 2018, I will still be alive, but a year closer to death (good), and a whole lotta happier (even better).
Whew! That was a great run!
Now, another great event is that this website is going back online after a pause of several months! IIRC the reason why I closed the website was because… well, it wasn’t properly maintained, I had no proper motivation, and I had no idea what to use it for.
Now, things are about to change, as I changed through this year and this year changed through me.